Monday 25 March 2013

Tribute To My Friend

Photo courtesy  by Anand Ashok (beloved cousin)














     TRIBUTE TO MY FRIEND WHO HAD LOST HIS LIFE IN THE BUS ACCIDENT IDUKKI 

March 25.03.2013                                                                                             Time: 10:54 Pm

I was twisting and turning in my bed, not able to sleep. My heart was beating terribly fast, I thought may be a glass of water could help me. I rolled to the side of my bed and took hold of bottle and a glass from the floor. I poured some water into the glass, emptied it within seconds. As my thoughts slipped on my friend K Sharath Chandran’s photo was filled in the news. I shut my eyes it was like iridescent.
Lights were flashing in my brain, his memories rushed into me.  When i was in 8th my place was shifted from first bench to second and my seat was in the middle and on my side it was Sharath.C
He was naughty chap; a tall guy, who wore even his top shirt button. I started to get to know him from then, He was funny, he made me laugh all the time, and he used to tell me really good stories too. Oh we had a lot of fun. We became close as days passed. I enjoyed his friendship, He was good in his studies too, should not forget that even though he used to have a lot of fun he studied a lot. He was different from others; I had never seen a guy like this ever before.
In 10th due to my marks, i was asked to stay back along with one of my classmate Rahul. Two of the best friends of Sharath was Rahul and Sanjay Varma. So sanjay and sharath used to wait for rahul until he finished his class. After the special class they used to talk about their day and trouble they faced that day laughing and screaming through the guttered road of andakkara thoddu, i used to tag along with them. As sharath was my old friend we used to talk alot on the way. One day i told him “I am not able to concentrate on my studies man....  have a pile of problems” then he gave me a smile patted on my back saying “don’t worry everything will change”
The sound of the message tone of my phone brought me back to reality. His voice still echoed my ears. I clicked the message and opened it. It said “funeral of Sharath tomorrow... time 11Am”, tears rolled from my eyes...!!!
WILL MISS YOU FRIEND


4 comments:

  1. heart touching sarath... he not just shares ur 1st name... he must've definitely shared a gr8 frndship wid u....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharath will live in our memories ........... Just look up at the night sky....... there he is the ' Brightest Star'.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. May his soul rest in peace, Sachu ds z a beautiful writing,tears are rolling from my eyes.it is painfull i know but nothing z immortal. b brave dea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful tribute

    ReplyDelete